Where’s My Pancake Crunch?
Here’s a free idea for all you countless hundreds of cereal manufacturing bigwigs out there that obsessively check this blog every day: Pancake Crunch.
It’s no secret that condensing larger breakfast foods into tiny, bite-sized cereal pieces is a guaranteed formula for success. Take the following, for example…
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch—delicious. A classic, and definitely in my top five breakfast cereals.
- French Toast Crunch—delicious. an interesting twist on the above, and one of the “top five cereal shapes,” I’ve been told. Long gone (at least in America), and definitely missed!
- Cinnamon Mini Buns—delicious. Perhaps my most-missed of all the now-extinct cereals. I still have an oversized World of Nintendo poster hanging in my kitchen courtesy of a Cinnamon Mini Buns mail-in offer.
- Cinnabon Cereal (formerly Mini Swirlz)—delicious. Though it’s much harder, less sweet, and more cinnamon-y than its predecessor, in this post-Cinnamon-Mini-Buns world, you take what you can get!
- Waffle Crisp—delicious. Light, airy, maple-y, powdered-sugary goodness. And the only cereal made for children with octogenarian spokespersons. (Wilford Brimley is still in a league of his own.)
- Eggo Cereal—delicious. Again, doesn’t live up to the original, but all things considered? Not bad!
- Pop-Tarts Crunch—delicious. To be honest, I actually forgot this even existed until I went to scan in an image for this post and realized—amazingly—that I don’t have a box of Cinnamon Mini Buns. But come on, look at it; it was delicious.
As the hastily-gathered "data" shows, every cereal based on another, non-cereal breakfast food (if you can wrap your head around that) has been a smash hit by my standards, so why hasn’t anyone stepped up to the plate (heh) and invented a pancakes-themed cereal yet? Somebody start a petition; I’ll sign it!
Also, Post, if you’re listening? Here’s an idea just for you: team up with Hershey’s. Three words: Belgian Waffle Crisp.
Did you know Cereal Fix is now on Instagram? Check out some photos of cereals old and new by adding us on Instagram.