Just a few interesting, cereal-related links. This week brings us actual home made cereal, a metal song about cereal, and info on collecting cereal boxes. Enjoy!
- Homemade breakfast cereal a fun, if tedious, project — Home made breakfast cereal—real cereal, not just a bunch of oats and raisins in a bowl! [Milwaukee, Wisconsin Journal Sentinel]
- And You Thought Cereal Boxes Were Just For The Toys Inside — A little overview about collecting cereal boxes, with plenty of cool photos. [Bleeding Cool]
- New Metal Song With Cereal Mascots Facing Brutal Deaths — A metal song about cereal. [Ultimate-Guitar.com]
- The Tony Daniel Justice League Box Art That Was Rejected In Favor Of Cinnamon Toast Crunch Squares — Boring, non-cereal art that was rejected in favor of something that looks like it should be on a cereal box. [Bleeding Cool]
- Breakfast Champion: 6 Facts on Cereal Giant W.K. Kellogg — An interesting, very short bio of the founder and namesake of Kellogg’s. [Biography.com]
Another cereal-themed game from NPR, consuming mass quantities (of cereal), and fast food rumors.
Artist Clark Orr has designed a cereal-inspired postage stamp as part of his “Pop Culture Postage” exhibit at Gallery 1988.
Watch out, Girl Scouts! There’s a new cookie cereal in town.
Kill Mills combines the dark humor of a Quentin Tarantino classic with the sugary pop of your favorite breakfast cereal.
Heck if we know, we usually just pour the box directly into our mouths like a bunch of uncouth savages.
General Mills is releasing Girl Scout Cookie inspired cereals in 2017.